Confronting Racism at Work: A Workshop for People of Color
About this event
Equity & Justice facilitator, coach, & consultant Yejin Lee will be providing Confronting Racism at Work: Strategic Self-Advocacy for People of Color for a second time since tickets to the May 2021 were sold out.
During this free 3-hour workshop exclusively for people of color, Yejin will be offering people of color a tangible strategic framework to more safely respond to experiences of racism in the workplace. A deeply upsetting and unsettling reality of white dominance is that people of color are almost always the ones burdened with being deliberate, measured, and strategic after experiencing racism at work. Yejin hopes to account for this ugly truth by equipping her BIPOC comrades with some new tools, skills, and analyses, and to support them in finding approaches to self-advocacy that are grounded in their identities, experiences, triggers, defaults, subjectivities, perspectives, and needs. During the workshop, she will be addressing not only internal/personal considerations, but also external/organizational components when developing a tailored approaches to addressing racism in the workplace.
- ASL Interpreters will be present for the webinar.
- This free event is being subsidized by white managers and companies that paid to attend the 6/1 event Unfiltering the Fury: 3-Hour Workshop for White Managers on Reducing Racial Harm.
- Because this is designed to be a large and far-reaching event, the webinar will not be as interactive as Yejin’s other facilitated events. However, please note that attendees in the past have created, cultivated, and nurtured community through deep engagement in the chats.
- There will be 30-minutes of breaks sprinkled throughout the event.
- The event will be recorded and available (for two weeks) for folks who register.
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Aug 22 2021
- Time: 3:00 am - 6:00 pm