Create and manage an effective fund development framework that is thoughtful, strategic and sustainable while pursuing the funding authority provided by Executive Order 16-04:
- Create and coordinate public outreach opportunities by building relationships between ICSEW, its members and the communities of Washington.
- Select and support a Washington State Combined Fund Drive Charity on an annual basis through an ICSEW-sponsored collection drive.
- Create and maintain public interaction and awareness of ICSEW through promotion of all ICSEW-led projects by exhibiting at events, information fairs and other appropriate marketing opportunities.
- Support the health and wellness of women in Washington state by tabling at state agency health and wellness fairs and sharing virtual wellness opportunities with state agencies.
- Support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by attending and exhibiting at conferences such as the DEI Summit; the Women’s Summit and other conferences and fairs that support inclusivity.
What We Do
The Public Outreach Subcommittee promotes ICSEW through coordination and participation in public and state agency-sponsored events and through ICSEW-sponsored drives that align with the ICSEW’s mission and vision.
- Representing ICSEW at information fairs and events with special emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as health and wellness.
- Participating in Washington State’s annual Public Service Recognition Week.
- Promoting and supporting traditional ICSEW events and trainings.
- Establishing and coordinating public outreach opportunities and building relationships in the community.
- Sponsoring annual charity drive for an organization registered with the Secretary of State’s Combined Fund Drive.
- Providing and promoting virtual wellness opportunities for ICSEW and state employees.
Liquor & Cannabis Board
I joined ICSEW back in 2017 as an alternate representative for D.O.L. Since then I have moved up to a representative position with the WSLCB and taken on a board position co-chairing the public outreach subcommittee. When I first joined I was drawn to the idea of being a driving force for gender equity here in Washington State.
I could never have known back then the affect that being around so many strong and amazing women would have on me. ICSEW has made me a better leader, has improved my speaking skills, and given me valuable trainings and insights that are applicable with not just in my work with ICSEW, but also my job and at home. I love the idea of so many women from all different backgrounds and walks of life working to improve the lives of women all over Washington.
As far as my role in this, I hope to help establish a charity drive which can continue to grow and evolve long past my time here and positively impact women for years to come. Ideally, a drive with versatility, that provides multiple ways to participate, and creates positive outcomes on multiple levels.
Office of the Attorney General
My previous experience of working abroad (in Guam, Palau, Cambodia, and Bosnia) showed me the importance of support and community when you don’t know many people. Here in Washington State, ICSEW provides that community to me.
I was inspired to be part of the Executive Board for ICSEW because I really enjoy and thrive on being a part of organizations which support and uplift women. I was so excited to find out about this committee when I started working for the State because it fits into these roles and encourages its members to support one another.
The most rewarding part of my job is helping stage agencies and employees who are sued navigate the legal system, support them, and advocate on their behalf.
Ann Bartholomew, Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
Brooke Bane, Department of Licensing
Desiola Kolade, Department of Retirement Services
Jennifer Lacey, Department of Agriculture
Lori Carnino, Department of Licensing
Marina Woodard, Utilities and Transportation Commission
Rachael Hopkins-Friesner, Office of the Washington State Auditor
Sequenna Blair, Department of Licensing
Learn About Our Current Projects!
The ICSEW’s Public Outreach Subcommittee has a vested interest in supporting community organizations that share the ICSEW values of wellness, advocacy, leadership, integrity, fostering growth and empowerment. Each year, the Public Outreach Subcommittee coordinates a charitable project for a local non-profit organization or community program. Past organizations include the YWCA of Olympia’s Other Bank.
For 2020-2021, the ICSEW Public Outreach Subcommittee has chosen to sponsor a gift card and supplies drive for organizations that provide services and resources to women and individuals who are victims of domestic violence. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, police departments and civic groups are reporting a spike in domestic violence cases, because mandated stay-at-home orders have put victims in close proximity to their abusers.
Non-profit organizations that assist domestic violence victims are reporting logistic and financial difficulties in delivering supplies and resources. Furthermore, local businesses have been impacted by the pandemic through the reduction in sales and operating hours. The Public Outreach subcommittee wanted to sponsor a project to help charitable organizations as well as local businesses.
Please visit our Annual Charity Drive Page for complete details on how to participate.
Sign Up for Our Blog
Get news, stories and state agency resources!
Get Updates on ICSEW Events
Sign up to receive our GovDelivery newsletter!