Create and manage an effective fund development framework that is thoughtful, strategic and sustainable while pursuing the funding authority provided by Executive Order 16-04:
- Create and coordinate public outreach opportunities by building relationships between ICSEW, its members and the communities of Washington.
- Select and support a Washington State Combined Fund Drive Charity on an annual basis through an ICSEW-sponsored collection drive.
- Create and maintain public interaction and awareness of ICSEW through promotion of all ICSEW-led projects by exhibiting at events, information fairs and other appropriate marketing opportunities.
- Support the health and wellness of women in Washington state by tabling at state agency health and wellness fairs and sharing virtual wellness opportunities with state agencies.
- Support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by attending and exhibiting at conferences such as the DEI Summit; the Women’s Summit and other conferences and fairs that support inclusivity.
What We Do
The Public Outreach Subcommittee promotes ICSEW through coordination and participation in public and state agency-sponsored events and through ICSEW-sponsored drives that align with the ICSEW’s mission and vision. Subcommittee members meet for one hour per month and during the Charity Drive from August to April work from one to two hours per month with promotion of the drive.
- Representing ICSEW at information fairs and events with special emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as health and wellness. Subcommittee members are asked to table at one event, but you are welcome to volunteer as much as you would like.
- Participating in Washington State’s annual Public Service Recognition Week.
- Promoting and supporting traditional ICSEW events and trainings.
- Establishing and coordinating public outreach opportunities and building relationships in the community.
- Sponsoring annual charity drive for an organization registered with the Secretary of State’s Combined Fund Drive.
- Providing and promoting virtual wellness opportunities for ICSEW and state employees.
Department of Licensing
I joined ICSEW in 2019 after a co-worker invited me to a membership meeting. I joined the public outreach subcommittee shortly after and have enjoyed every minute! My favorite aspect of public outreach is being able to connect with women and talking to them about all the wonderful opportunities ICSEW offers.
I’m a regulatory process manager for the Department of Licensing’s regulatory compliance, UCC, and firearms section within its business and professions division. And I also serve at my agency’s diversity and inclusion group. I’ve have worked DOL since 2017 and before that I worked for the state of California.
In my spare time I help a couple of non-profits in my community. I love to bake, take macro photos, spend time with my doggies, friends and family.
Department of Social and Health Services
Biography coming soon!
Leia Althauser, Department of Fish and Wildlife
Ann Bartholomew, Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
Connie Becker, Office of Administrative Hearings
Kassandra Drake, State Investment Board
Sequenna Fashana, Department of Licensing
Keri O'Connell, Department of Revenue
Learn About Our Current Projects!
The ICSEW’s Public Outreach Subcommittee has a vested interest in supporting community organizations that share the ICSEW values of wellness, advocacy, leadership, integrity, fostering growth and empowerment. Each year, the Public Outreach Subcommittee coordinates a charitable project for a local non-profit organization or community program. Past organizations include the YWCA of Olympia’s Other Bank and SafePlace.
This year, we are continuing the efforts we began in our 2019-2020 charity drive and are hosting a gift card and supplies drive for organizations working with victims of domestic violence. Domestic violence cases have spiked in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, as changes in how we socialize and work during the pandemic put victims in close proximity to their abusers.
Non-profit organizations that assist domestic violence victims are reporting logistic and financial difficulties in delivering supplies and resources. Furthermore, local businesses have been impacted by the pandemic through the reduction in sales and operating hours. Through this year’s drive, the Public Outreach Subcommittee aims to support domestic violence charities while bolstering local businesses.
Please visit our Annual Charity Drive Page for complete details on how to participate.
Sign Up for Our Blog
Get news, stories and state agency resources!
Get Updates on ICSEW Events
Sign up to receive our GovDelivery newsletter!