The Interagency Committee of State Employed Women, ICSEW looking for speakers for our 2023 Professional Development Conference. The conference take place virtually Oct 3-4.
The conference theme is: Engage: Their Past, Our Present, Your Future.
We're looking for dynamic speakers who can present on topics related to current and historical social inequities, their intersectionalities and action steps we can all take to remove barriers. We have particular interest in speakers who can bring:
- Lived experiences with intersectionality (race, age, gender, disability, veterans, immigrants, learning diversities, sexual orientation, +).
- Historical context/perspective on the women’s movement and rights.
- Experience in their associations with Washington State Business Resource Groups.
- Knowledge of what it means to be an ally
- Awareness of what privilege means, how impacts all sectors of society and how to move forward with dismantling systemic inequities
Presentations should be between 60 and 90 minutes. Anyone interested in being a presenter should fill out our application form.