By Rachel Friederich, ICSEW Communications Chair
August 6, 2020
Interagency Committee of State Employed Women Welcomes New Agency Representatives
OLYMPIA—The Interagency Committee of State Employed Women, ICSEW, virtually welcomed 24 new state agency representatives and alternate representatives at its annual Celebration Meeting July 21, 2020. The event was held on Zoom and streamed on Facebook Live.
The ICSEW is made up of governor-appointed representatives from various state agencies and higher education institutions. Representatives perform work related to the committee’s mission of bettering the lives of state employees by advising the governor and agencies on policies that affect state employed women.
Representatives who are appointed serve a two-year term. As per the committee’s bylaws, state agencies are allowed to have one representative for every 2,000 employees. Agencies are also permitted to
The Transition Celebration and Meeting, which is open to the public, serves as a way for new and perspective committee members and guests to learn about the work the committee does and to celebrate the committee’s major accomplishments over the previous fiscal year.
The newly-appointed representatives are as follows:
- Brooke Bane, Professional Licensing Manager, Department of Licensing
- Chrishen Heaton, CSU Administrator, Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Corey Morss, Environmental Engineer, Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Danielle Rannow, DVR Assistant Administrator, Department of Licensing
- Deirdre Bissonette, Fish Hatchery Specialist, Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Julia McNamara, Administrative Assistant, Recreation and Conservation Office
- Karen Landis, Public Disclosure Manager, Department of Licensing
- Kathryn Pittelkau, PACE Policy Program Manager, Department of Social and Health Services
- Keri O’Connell, Tribal Liaison, Department of Revenue
- Lydia White, Executive Assistant, Employment Security Department
- Megan Zarzycki, Property Acquisition Specialist, Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Melissa Thomas, Administrative Assistant, Department of Licensing
- Melissa Crumb, Program Specialist, Department of Labor and Industries
- Melissa Harris, Human Resource Consultant, Department of Enterprise Services
- Meranda Bilbrey, Investigator, Utilities and Transportation Commission
- Nicole Nisbet, Continuous Improvement Program Manager, Department of Licensing
- Rachelle Bohler, Program Specialist, Department of Labor and Industries
- Ronda Rios, Customer Service Specialist, Department of Licensing
- Sandi Ruedy, Judical Assistant, Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
- Sherrie Thissell, Information Technology Business Analyst, Department of Licensing
- Tien-Shui Tsou, Marine Fish Management Scientist, Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Tracie Cluke, Customer Service Specialist, Department of Licensing
- Valerie Robinson, Information Technology and Planning Senior Manager, Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Whitney Montemarano, Exam Administrator, Department of Licensing
Any state employee or employee of a higher education institution may serve as a representative, regardless of gender. Anyone interested in serving as an ICSEW representative for their agency must submit a letter of interest, current resume and a letter from their agency’s director or sponsor to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about becoming an ICSEW representative can be found at https://icsew.wa.gov/represent/.