Understanding how our state’s legislature works can seem intimidating. It’s filled with complex terms and processes that can make anyone’s head spin!
ICSEW is hosting a free online legislative training with the Legislative Information Center at 10 a.m. Tues. January 31st. They'll explain how the legislature works in simple terms to help you know what’s going on during session.
How to Attend
Register through Eventbrite by clicking here. You'll receive a Zoom link for the training in your confirmation email.
What will be covered
This class provides an in-depth view of the bi-cameral legislative system, how it’s organized, and how a bill becomes law. We’ll learn:
- A detailed review of how a bill gets introduced and who can introduce it
- Standing committee proceedings and actions
- Rules committee proceeding and actions
- The amendment process
- Activities in the opposite house dispute and concurrence resolution
- The governor's actions and veto powers
If you have any questions or need any accommodations, send an email to email@example.com.