Registration is now open for our March 2022 membership meeting.
Dr. Anu Taranath will teach us how to become better at engaging in critical conversation about race, identity, difference and power.
The meeting will take place from 8:30 a.m. to noon Tuesday, March 15 via Zoom. Meetings are free and open to anyone, regardless of gender or employment status. Please visit our meetings page to register. Once you are registered, you will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to join the meeting.
What makes such conversations often fraught, unpredictable and uncomfortable? Why are our good intentions absolutely critical, and yet also not enough? We will develop small yet powerful ways to navigate our discomfort with more courage and nuance. Let's actually talk together about the issues we care about deeply with less nervousness and more courage!
About the Presenter:
Dr. Taranath brings both passion and expertise to her work as a speaker, facilitator and educator. Dr. Taranath has been a teaching professor at the University of Washington for more than 20 years.
She invites people into conversations about global issues, race, gender, identity, and equity.
As a racial equity consultant, facilitator and leadership coach, Taranath supports participants on a range of issues including:
- Trainings on equity, race, identity, belonging and inclusion
- Staff and employee professional development and retreat facilitation
- Facilitating town halls on race, identity, anti-Black racism and social justice
- Long-term curriculum building with educators around racial equity and global studies
- De-escalation of racial conflict and facilitating dialogues to navigate tension points
- Creating more inclusive and diverse spaces in traditionally white institutions
- One-on-one coaching and support with administrators, chairs and leadership teams
- Work with DEI committees on strategy planning and implementation
- Global north and global south partnerships, and the colonial frameworks and contemporary manifestations of help, travel and aid.
Learn more about Dr. Taranath: https://www.anutaranath.com/