The Governor’s Mansion Foundation will be hosting special tours on March 15 and 22 during Women’s History Month.
The tour will feature information about Lizzie Muir Hay, the initial first lady of the mansion from 1909 to 1912, as well as many of Washington’s first ladies. There also will be stories about the women who have served as Washington state governor and how suffragists lobbied for women’s voting rights during the official mansion housewarming in 1909.
- Each tour is 60 minutes of standing and walking.
- Tour participants must be at least 18 years old and have a photo ID; children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is a maximum of 20 spaces available for each tour and reservations are made on a first-come basis.
- Cameras, backpacks, umbrellas, strollers, food and beverages are not permitted.
- The mansion is accessible to wheelchairs and walkers. Visitors must walk a 200-yard incline up to the entrance.
- No public restrooms are available.
To sign up through the Department of Enterprise Services State Capitol Tour Office at (360) 902-8880 or email@example.com.