This is a great recipe and it’s such a fun dinner, especially with kids! They’ll never know it’s healthy and 80% vegetables.
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 oz pepperoni
- 1/2 cup Dubliner or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, brown the Italian sausage until cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, combine the marinara sauce, eggs, sea salt, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Place the spaghetti squash into a 9×9″ baking dish. Top with the marinara mixture and cooked Italian sausage. Stir to combine with the spaghetti squash and smooth into an even layer.
- Top with a layer of half of the pepperoni, a layer of Dubliner or Parmesan cheese, and then a layer of Mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the remaining pepperoni and make for 20-30 minutes until set and heated through.
Net Carb Count*: 8.05 g net carbs (for 1 serving)–makes 6 servings
Total Carb Count: 11.12 g total carbs (for 1 serving)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs – fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Courtesy of: www.holisticallyengineered.com