Regular attendance at committee meetings is essential to ensure that decisions made represent the opinions of the committee as a whole. An ICSEW representative may forfeit their appointment as a result of poor attendance.
Notice of all absences must be provided to the Membership Chair. An absence will be excused when notice is provided at least two days in advance of the meeting AND the representative has arranged for an alternate to attend in their absence.
Two unexcused absences in a row will result in the Membership Subcommittee contacting the representative’s director or equivalent. View the attendance policy 620.0 on our Policies and Procedures Page.
Meeting Rules & Guidelines
- Members serve as goodwill ambassadors for their agency and the Governor of the State of Washington.
- Members are on time.
- Members are engaged and actively participating.
- Members treat their member colleagues and guests with respect by not interrupting or putting others down.
- Members are accountable for their words and actions.
- Members keep an open mind and assume the best.
- Members are encouraged to voice differing options. The sum of the part is greater than the whole.
- Members will share and utilize their business knowledge.
- Members will make decisions in an inclusive manner.
- Members will introduce themselves to someone new or someone they do not know.
- On meeting days, members are asked to avoid the use of scented deodrants, hair products, body sprays, and lotions in consideration of others. Members are encouraged to choose an unscented version of these items.
- Members notify the Membership Subcommittee Chair in advance if you will be absent from a meeting.
- Meeting Voting Proxy Form– missing a meeting? Complete the proxy form to give your alternate voting authority in your absence.