Regular Membership meetings are the third Tuesday of each odd numbered month (January, March, May, July, September and November).
Executive Board meetings are on the third Tuesday of each even numbered month (February, April, June, August, October and December). They are also held for one hour immediately following each regular membership meeting.
Time and Locations: Regular meetings run from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. For the remainder of 2020, ICSEW has decided to conduct all of its meetings online via Zoom in the interest of the health and safety of its members. Executive Board meetings still take place on the third Tuesday of each odd-numbered month. However, times may vary due to the COVID 19 pandemic and teleworking schedules. Meeting notices will be posted on our homepage.
Who can attend? Anyone may attend ICSEW meetings, regardless of gender or employment status. See below for attendance requirements for ICSEW representatives.
Attendance Policy for ICSEW Representatives
Regular attendance at committee meetings is essential to ensure that decisions made represent the opinions of the committee as a whole. An ICSEW representative may forfeit their appointment as a result of poor attendance.
Notice of all absences must be provided to the Membership Chair. An absence will be excused when notice is provided at least two days in advance of the meeting AND the representative has arranged for an alternate to attend in their absence.
Two unexcused absences in a row will result in the Membership Subcommittee contacting the representative’s director or equivalent. View the attendance policy 620.0 in our polices and proceedures.
Special note on alternate representative attendance: While attendance is required for regular representatives, alternate representatives may attend all meetings and ICSEW functions with permission from their supervisor.
Meeting Rules and Guidelines
- Members serve as goodwill ambassadors for their agency and the Governor of the State of Washington.
- Members are on time.
- Members are engaged and actively participating.
- Members treat their member colleagues and guests with respect by not interrupting or putting others down.
- Members are accountable for their words and actions.
- Members keep an open mind and assume the best.
- Members are encouraged to voice differing options. The sum of the part is greater than the whole.
- Members will share and utilize their business knowledge.
- Members will make decisions in an inclusive manner.
- Members will introduce themselves to someone new or someone they do not know.
- On meeting days, members are asked to avoid the use of scented deodorants, hair products, body sprays, and lotions in consideration of others. Members are encouraged to choose an unscented version of these items.
- Representatives will notify the Membership Subcommittee Chair in advance if you will be absent from a meeting. If a representative will be absent from a meeting, they must submit a Meeting Proxy Form. The meeting proxy form allows an agency’s alternate representative to vote on their regular representative’s behalf.