THANK YOU to the Intergagency Committee of State Employed Women (ICSEW) for another INCREDIBLE Product Drive for the Other Bank. Thousands and thousands of dollars in shampoo, toilet paper, dish soap, toothpaste, and much, much more! How much? How about $14,228 in products which will help so many families…
- Study: Seattle’s Gender Pay Gap Worst in the U.S. – April 8, 2013
- The Women’s Bureau is committed to reducing barriers that inhibit or prevent women from getting and keeping better jobs, and we recognize that some women may face more barriers than others.To raise awareness about the uphill battle that many women of color face when trying to support themselves and their families, we recently published fact sheets about the economic status of women of color.The fact sheets provide a snapshot of the current racial and ethnic disparities occurring in wages, unemployment, and educational attainment, and the interconnected effects of these factors on the larger populations of working women of color.While you’re on our site, take a look at our updated Data & Statistics page, where you can find interesting facts and figures about women in the workforce, including earnings, education, unemployment rates, and more.
For more information about your equal pay rights and what we’re doing to close the wage gap, please visit the Equal Pay sites at the Department of Labor. – December 2, 2013
- Once Few, Women Hold More Power in Senate – March 21, 2013
- Women: Secretary Clinton’s Remarks at the TEDWomen Conference – February 5, 2013
Information and articles about women in the news.
- Facebooks Appoints Sandburg to Board – June 25, 2012
- More Men Enter Fields Dominated by Women – May 20, 2012
Making a Difference
- Black, Female and in Charge – March 28, 2012
- What Gender Gap? Washington State has a History of Women Who Lead – March 25, 2012
- U.S. Leaves Working Families in the Lurch – September 27, 2012
- Twenty Years On, ‘Year of the Woman’ Fades – March 21, 2012