To expand knowledge of health and wellness with an emphasis on holistic health and promoting healthy behaviors. We cover topics focusing on meeting our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs to maintain balance through the journey of our lives.
What We Do
- Provide health and wellness information to ICSEW members and state employees
- Coordinate guest speakers and wellness activities for meetings
- Provide legislative/policy recommendations to ICSEW regarding women’s health issues
- Monitor legislation that may affect health of state-employed women
- Coordinate the Health Fair for state employees
Dana Bowen, Washington State Investment Board
Jo Hill, Department of Transportation
Marina Woodard, Utilities and Transportation Commission (UTC)
Kate Sherrer, WA ST Dept. of Social and Health Services (DSHS)
Sarah Hamblin, Office of Superintendent Public Instruction (OSPI)
Breast Feeding Resource
Diabetes Prevention Program through HCA
Employee Assistance Program
Five Ways to be Happier
Check with your gym to see if they offer discounts to State Employees, be sure to ask!
The DOH Tobacco Quitline (1-800-QUIT-NOW) check out there webpage S for more information.
Smoking Cessation: QuitDay and Quit Smoking Community
Cigarette Alternative: Vaping Daily Health
Work Life Balance & More