The ICSEW is launching a mentorship pilot program and it wants YOU to participate!
The pilot launches May 21, 2020 and will be overseen by the ICSEW’s mentorship subcommittee. The deadline to apply is March 11, 2020.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: Between 20-40 individuals who want to serve as mentors and mentees with a focus in one or more of the following areas:
- Develop and enhance leadership skills
- Set professional goals & objectives
- Get guidance on career direction
- Have someone to serve as a sounding board to share issues and discuss challenges
- Networking with other professionals
WHAT YOU’LL DO: Mentees and mentors will be paired for six months. Throughout the six months, mentors and mentees will meet regularly, at intervals they deem appropriate for them to meet predetermined goals. All participants will also be required to attend three group meetings to receive information and give program feedback.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Mentors are anyone who wants to use their experience and leadership to nurture the professional development and personal growth of a mentee.
Mentees are anyone who wants to has identified a specific personal or professional goal and would welcome guidance and help of a mentor to achieve their goals.
How to Apply
Fill out the Mentor or Mentee interest form. Note: If you are interested in serving as both a mentor and as a mentee, or would be willing to serve in either role, please fill out both forms.
The information you provide in the forms will be used to match you with a compatible mentee or mentor.
Please send completed forms to email@example.com no later than March 11.
A representative with the ICSEW Mentorship Subcommittee will contact you by April 15 to confirm if you’ve been selected to participate in the pilot.
QUESTIONS? Contact Stacy Hiatt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360)-407-2773.
All meetings for the pilot program will take place at:
Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
7273 Linderson Way SW
Tumwater, WA 98501
Note: All ICSEW sponsored meetings are free and open to the public. However, only those who have applied and been selected as mentors/mentees will be able to participate in the pilot program.
Orientation/launch: May 21, 2020, 10 am-12pm
- Participants get to know each other and receive guidelines and expectations.
Midpoint Meeting: September 17, 2020 10am-12pm
- Purpose of the meeting will be to allow participants the opportunity to meet and provide feedback on whether or not they are on target and reaching their goals.
- Additionally, there will be a mentorship panel that gives participants the opportunity to interact with established professionals and learn about their mentorship/leadership experiences.
Endpoint Meeting: November 16, 2020, 2 pm-5pm
- Provide feedback on the overall experience