Executive board meeting: February 19, 2019 at the Attorney Generals Office in Tumwater from 1:00-4:00p
Membership meeting: March 26, 2019 at the Department of Labor and Industries located in Tumwater from 8:00-3:00p.
Additional details and agendas to be released soon.
Women’s Commission Outreach Event Flyer
Washington State Women’s Commission Outreach Event
January 28, 2019 from 5:30 to 7:30p
Washington Supreme Court Temple of Justice
415 12th Ave. SW, Olympia, WA 98501
You are invited to our Outreach Event! Come enjoy some refreshments, network with local Women’s groups, and hear from the Women’s Commission and our Co-Sponsors: Washington State Gender and Justice commission, Interagency Commitee of State Employed Women, United Way of Thurston County, Women United.
For more information and to RSVP, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICSEW’s January 15th meeting is fast approaching!
Sign up in ONE of the two following ways:
- Search for the meeting on LMS by course name: “WA-State ICSEW- Mastering Team Leadership using the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team”
- Use Event Brite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/icsew-meeting-january-15-2019-registration-50928297910
Visit the ICSEW Upcoming Meetings Page to view the speaker and her bio as well as the link to the meeting agenda.
There are a limited number of parking spots in the visitor lot. There is also a limited amount of free street parking on 73rd Avenue. Please also use the Mountain View Church parking at 940 Israel Rd SW.
Additional information available on our upcoming meetings page.
ICSEW Meeting Calendar updated 12/5/2018
Regular attendance at committee meetings is essential to ensure that decisions made represent the opinions of the committee as a whole. An ICSEW representative may forfeit their appointment as a result of poor attendance.
Notice of all absences must be provided to the Membership Chair. An absence will be excused when notice is provided at least two days in advance of the meeting AND the representative has arranged for an alternate to attend in their absence.
Two unexcused absences in a row will result in the Membership Subcommittee contacting the representative’s director or equivalent. View the attendance policy 620.0 on our Policies and Procedures Page.
Meeting Rules & Guidelines
- Members serve as goodwill ambassadors for their agency and the Governor of the State of Washington.
- Members are on time.
- Members are engaged and actively participating.
- Members treat their member colleagues and guests with respect by not interrupting or putting others down.
- Members are accountable for their words and actions.
- Members keep an open mind and assume the best.
- Members are encouraged to voice differing options. The sum of the part is greater than the whole.
- Members will share and utilize their business knowledge.
- Members will make decisions in an inclusive manner.
- Members will introduce themselves to someone new or someone they do not know.
- On meeting days, members are asked to avoid the use of scented deodrants, hair products, body sprays, and lotions in consideration of others. Members are encouraged to choose an unscented version of these items.
- Members notify the Membership Subcommittee Chair in advance if you will be absent from a meeting.
- Meeting Voting Proxy Form– missing a meeting? Complete the proxy form to give your alternate voting authority in your absence.
Our next meeting will be held Tuesday, January 15th at the Department of Labor and Industries in Tumwater.
Meeting agenda January 15, 2018
Commissioner Kriedler is on our agenda for the November 20 membership meeting.
The commissioner plans to talk about the Affordable Care Act, its impact on the nation and particularly our state, along with recent and upcoming challenges. He’ll also note some rules his office is proposing on the reproductive parity act the Legislature approved this year and mention his fourth attempt to get his legislation on surprise medical bills passed.
Don’t forget to RSVP on EventBrite the deadline is tomorrow, 11/16.
Find our more meeting information at: https://icsew.wa.gov
U.S. Department of Labor Awards $1.9 Million to Improve Apprenticeship Opportunities for Youth and Adults with Disabilities
WASHINGTON, DC – The U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) today announced the award of a $1.9 million contract to develop pilot projects focused on apprenticeship opportunities for youth and adults with disabilities in high-growth industries.
ODEP awarded a two-year contract to Social Policy Research Associates Inc. (SPRA) of Oakland, California, to research, develop, test, and evaluate innovative strategies in existing apprenticeship programs that provide skills training to people with disabilities. Efforts will specifically focus on quality pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship pilots in high-growth industries such as information technology, healthcare, and emerging sectors. SPRA will document and share best practices so that other apprenticeship efforts may replicate promising approaches.
“Apprenticeships are a proven strategy for connecting job creators with motivated, highly skilled workers, yet people with disabilities are disproportionately underrepresented in apprenticeship programs and in the workforce at large,” said Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor for Disability Employment Policy Jennifer Sheehy. “This project will help us determine ways to ensure people with disabilities acquire the skills and credentials needed to obtain an in-demand position in a high-growth business or industry, where jobs pay family sustaining wages.”
Today’s announcement grows out of President Donald J. Trump’s Executive Order on Expanding Apprenticeship in America, which calls for increasing the number of apprentices in the U.S. across all industries.
ODEP works to increase the number and quality of employment opportunities for people with disabilities by developing and influencing policies and practices. For more information on ODEP and this contract award, visit https://www.dol.gov/odep/.
Agency: Office of Disability Employment Policy
Date: October 11, 2018
Release Number: 18-1620-NAT
Contact: Bennett Gamble
Phone Number: 202-693-4667