Annual Charity Drive
The 2021-22 Charity Drive has ended. We will update this page with new charity drive information soon.
In 2020 and 2021 ICSEW Supported Victims of Domestic Violence
Each year, our Public Outreach Subcommittee organizes a charitable project for a non-profit organization or community program.
In 2020 and 2021, ICSEW hosted a gift card and supplies drive for organizations working with victims of domestic violence. Domestic violence cases spiked in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, as changes in how we socialized and worked during the pandemic put victims in close proximity to their abusers.
Domestic violence charities experienced financial difficulties and struggling to provide resources and supplies. Furthermore, local businesses struggled from multiple years of declining sales and shortened operating hours. Through this the drive, the Public Outreach Subcommittee supported domestic violence charities while bolstering local businesses.
The ICSEW coordinated donations to the following organizations:
- Safe Place, Olympia, WA
- Emergency Support Shelter, Longview, WA
- Turning Pointe Survivor Advocacy Center, Shelton, WA
- Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County, Everett, WA
- New Beginnings, Seattle, WA
- New Hope, Moses Lake, WA
- YWCA Spokane, Spokane, WA
- YWCA Yakima, Yakima, WA
Any contribution, no matter how big or small, makes a difference in the lives of individuals and families impacted by domestic violence. We thank you for your support.
How to Participate
If you are an individual who would like to donate a gift card, reach out to a local business or restaurant to purchase gift cards and mail to the desired organization below. Supporting businesses carrying grocery items, diapers & wipes, personal hygiene items or cleaning supplies would be useful.
The organizations also need gift cards for restaurants, takeout, and fast food. During the holiday season any donated gift card can be a Christmas gift, in some cases these are the only gifts children receive.
If you are a business that would like to be on this list, please see the section below for businesses for how to participate.
For Individuals: ICSEW encourages safe, no-contact delivery. People who select an electronic gift card can fill in the recipient as gift and email it to ICSEWcharity@ofm.wa.gov for forwarding to the organizations or a gift card can be mailed to the desired organization. If you pick a gift card up in person please mail them directly to the organizations secure mailings below:
- Safe Place (Thurston County) C/O: Ellie Parrish 521 Legion Way SE Olympia WA, 98501
- The Emergency Support Shelter (Longview/ Southwest Washington): C/O: Felina Gonzalez 1330 11th Ave. Longview, WA 98632
- Turning Pointe Survivor Advocacy Center (Mason County) C/O: Gina Blanchard-Reed PO Box 2014 Shelton, WA 98584
- Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County (Snohomish County) C/O: Emma Leedy P.O. Box 7, Everett, WA 98206
- New Beginnings (King County) C/O: Donetta Vessell P.O Box 75125, Seattle, WA 98175
- New Hope (Grand Coulee, Moses Lake, Mattawa, Othello, Quincy, Royal City) C/O: Tina Steinmetz 311 W 3rd Ave, Moses Lake, WA, 98837
- YWCA Spokane (Spokane County) C/O: Jennifer Haynes-Harter 930 N Monroe St, Spokane, WA 99201
- YWCA Yakima (Yakima County) C/O: Miriam Saavedra 818 W Yakima Ave, Yakima, WA 98902
If you are a local business and want to participate in the gift card and product drive or be added to our list for contact free purchases please contact the ICSEW’s Public Outreach Subcommittee Co-Chairs: email@example.com.
The ICSEW’s Public Outreach Subcommittee has a vested interest in supporting community organizations that share the ICSEW values of Wellness, Advocacy, Leadership, Integrity, Fostering growth and Empowerment.
Where to Purchase Gift Cards
Please see the list below for businesses who offer no-contact purchase of gift cards.
Email virtual gift cards to ICSEWcharity@ofm.wa.gov with the recipient as GIFT to allow those receiving the cards to use them more easily.
Restaurants & Fast Food:
Sign Up for Our Blog
Get news, stories and state agency resources! Subscribe
Get Updates on ICSEW Events
Sign up to receive our GovDelivery newsletter! Subscribe