State Lean Conference is Going Virtual this Year
The Washington State Government Lean Transformation Conference is going virtual this year, and we invite you and members from your agency to register now! It is first-come, first-serve, and the conference usually fills up quickly, so register as soon as you can.
This year’s virtual event will be held over several days between October 20 and 29, and allows you to customize your learning by signing up for sessions that fit in with your schedule. It’s also an exciting opportunity for Washington state employees located across the state to participate without travel or additional expenses.
This year’s theme is “Improve, Iterate, Adapt – A Better Future for Washington.” We will focus on the tools and techniques of Lean and continuous improvement, while also recognizing an even greater need to adapt to changing times.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Registration will be a different process than in past years – you will need to sign up for each session individually. Watch this short video for helpful tips about registration. The basic steps are:
- Visit our website to learn about the sessions
- Register for EACH session you’d like to attend
- When you get the confirmation email, ADD the Zoom appointment to your calendar
WHAT TYPE OF CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE?
The conference will feature over twenty sessions that target a variety of different skill levels – there will be something for everyone!
- Opening remarks by Gov. Jay Inslee and RW director, Christy Bezanson
- Two keynote addresses by Vann Smiley (Executive Director of One Washington) and Karen Martin (Lean expert, author, and President of TKMG Inc)
- Breakout sessions presented by public and private-sector Lean and continuous improvement expert partners
We’ll deliver sessions using Zoom Webinar and post recordings of the sessions after the conference. As part of our commitment to inclusion and continuous improvement, will provide live captioning for all sessions and ASL interpretation as needed.
IS THERE A COST TO ATTEND?
Admission is still free. In past years we asked attendees to bring a canned food item for donation. This year you have the opportunity, if you choose, to give back through the Combined Fund Drive, either via the general fund or your favorite member charity.
Please visit our conference website for more information.
Look forward to “seeing” you in October!
The Results Washington Team
Results Washington | Office of the Governor