ICSEW meetings are open to everyone. We encourage you to forward this information to those who would benefit from attending an ICSEW meeting, no matter their gender.
We are also collecting toiletry and hygiene items for the YWCA of Olympia. NEEDED ITEM: dish soap.
RSVP: Using EventBrite: https://novembergeneralmembershipmeeting.eventbrite.com by November 14, 2017.
This meeting will have a catered lunch.
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals, 2430 Chandler Court SW, Olympia, WA
- Build relationships with your legislators.
- What happens after you contact your legislators?
- How you can make sure your legislature works for you.
- Paid Medical and Family Leave Act.
- How it will impact you and your family.
When emails come from ICSEW…it is your responsibility to share pertinent information with your agency. How do you do that? What do you share? You need to refer to your communication plan with your agency.
From the email we sent out on 9/26/17…we received the a few communication plans. (see attachment below) As you will see…the majority of us do not have communication plans with their agency. We are going to work together to change this story.
- Review Communication Plan Examples
- Take note on what would work for you and your agency.
- Schedule a meeting with your sponsor to develop a draft communication plan.
- Be prepared to present your draft communication plan at the January 16th ICSEW meeting.
ICSEW is looking to collect resources useful to state-employed women and become a useful repository for this information. This includes:
- Lactation accommodations
- Infants in the workplace programs
- Telework policies
This is where you come in…we need your help in obtaining the list above from your agency. We will compile all the information to be used as a tool/resource for those reps/alts who do not have such resources available to them…ICSEW strives to help YOU develop/modify/edit/update policies that affect state-employed women. What resources do you need to be successful? ICSEW is here to help. So tell us how we can be helpful.