Health and Wellness
To expand knowledge of health and wellness with an emphasis on holistic health and promoting healthy behaviors. We cover topics focusing on meeting our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs to maintain balance through the journey of our lives.
Chair: Tracy Thornburg, Office of the Insurance Commissioner
Mary Bilderback, Department for the Services for the Blind
Christa Stevens, Department of Agriculture
Ann Bartholomew, Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
Kelly Kane, Department of Labor and Industries
- Fall Healthy Recipe: Pumpkin Dip.
- October - National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast cancer is the second most common kind of cancer in women. About 1 in 8 women born today in the United States will get breast cancer at some point. The good news is that many women can survive breast cancer if it is found and treated early. For tool kit, visit healthfinder.gov website and find out how you can make a difference and help spread the word.
Health and Wellness Fair, 2014
- See cooking demo recipes here.
Employers' Diversity and Inclusion Training Video!
The link to the video below is "Blind Sided," a 14-minute training film developed for employers' diversity and inclusion programs, uses a light and sometimes humorous approach to address three topic areas--blind stereotypes and myths, inclusion in the workplace, and suggestions for quality customer service to customers who are blind or have low vision.
Click on the photo below to watch the video.
For more information or to invite Mark Adreon to present at a future event, please see his contact information below.
What We Do
- Provide health and wellness information to ICSEW members and state employees
- Coordinate guest speakers and wellness activities for general membership meetings
- Provide legislative/policy recommendations to ICSEW regarding women's health issues
- Monitor legislation that may affect health of state-employed women
- Coordinate the Health Fair for state employees
- Breast Feeding Resources
- Disease Prevention - Flu vaccine is available statewide
- Health Calendar - 2014
- Increase Healthy Aspects of Your Life
- Keep the Beat - Heart Healthy Recipes
- MyPlate for Kids
- PEBB (Public Employees Benefits Board)
- Washington Wellness
- What are my Health Risks?
- Cubicle Yoga
Executive Order 13-06. Improving the health and productivity of State Employees and access to healthy foods in State facilities
Signed by Governor Jay Inslee on October 30, 3013. Visit the Washington Wellness page of the HCA site (http://www.hca.wa.gov/pebb/wellness/Pages/index.aspx) to read more.
Washington Apple Health Program for Adults and Children
The DOH Tobacco Quitline (1-800-QUIT-NOW) is once again available to the uninsured and underinsured in Washington. Anyone who lives in our state is now eligible for a at least one call to the quit line.
For additional information please visit our Tobacco Quitline Services webpage
Community Sponsored Agriculture (CSA) Information:
Fitness Programs in Washington:
Nutrition and Food Safety:
- Barbecue and Picnic Food Safety
- Calorie Calculator
- Eat Right
- Eat Right - Nutritionist Tip Sheets
- Eating Well
- Food Recalls and Safety Alerts in Washington
- Life Stages: Nutrition
- Nutrition Data
- What the Sticker on Your Produce Actually Means
- Meditation: A Simple, Fast Way to Reduce Stress
- Stress-Lifestyle Changes
- Stress Management
- Stress Reduction Techniques