Health and Wellness
To expand knowledge of health and wellness with an emphasis on holistic health and promoting healthy behaviors. We cover topics focusing on meeting our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs to maintain balance through the journey of our lives.
What We Do
- Provide health and wellness information to ICSEW members and state employees
- Coordinate guest speakers and wellness activities for general membership meetings
- Provide legislative/policy recommendations to ICSEW regarding women's health issues
- Monitor legislation that may affect health of state-employed women
- Coordinate the Health Fair for state employees
Tracy Thornburg, Office of the Insurance Commissioner
Ann Bartholomew, Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
Christa Stevens, Department of Agriculture
Bianca Stoner, Office of the Insurance Commissioner
Blessing Guillermo, Military Department
Kelly Kane, Department of Labor and Industries
Mary Bilderback, Department for the Services for the Blind
April is National Stress Awareness Month
- Everyone has experienced stress in some way, shape or form; it's how we manage stress that is important to our health and well-being. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommended tips for self-care.
- Here's a quick and easy low calorie chili for those raining, chilly days: 3-Can Chili.
- Breast Feeding Resources
- Disease Prevention - Flu vaccine is available statewide
- Health Calendar - 2015 (PDF)
- MyPlate for Kids
- PEBB (Public Employees Benefits Board)
- Washington Wellness
- What are my Health Risks?
- Cubicle Yoga
Executive Order 13-06 (PDF). Improving the health and productivity of State Employees and access to healthy foods in State facilities
Signed by Governor Jay Inslee on October 30, 3013. Visit the Washington Wellness page of the HCA site (http://www.hca.wa.gov/pebb/wellness/Pages/index.aspx) to read more.
Washington Apple Health Program for Adults and Children
- The DOH Tobacco Quitline (1-800-QUIT-NOW) is once again available to the uninsured and underinsured in Washington. Anyone who lives in our state is now eligible for a at least one call to the quit line. For additional information please visit our Tobacco Quitline Services webpage
Fitness Programs in Washington:
Nutrition and Food Safety:
- Barbecue and Picnic Food Safety
- Food Recalls and Safety Alerts in Washington
- Life Stages: Nutrition
- What the Sticker on Your Produce Actually Means