Health and Wellness
To expand knowledge of health and wellness with an emphasis on holistic health and promoting healthy behaviors. We cover topics focusing on meeting our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs to maintain balance through the journey of our lives.
Robyn Crawford, Department of Ecology
Jenny Grayum, Department of Social and Health Services
Rica Helberg, Office of Administrative Hearings
Bonnie Rose Pfingston, Department of Retirement Systems
Jenny Sutley, Commission on Salaries
Amy Teshera, Office of the Insurance Commissioner
Tracy Thornburg, Office of the Insurance Commissioner
May Recipe Light and Healthy Salad:
Send your mom an e-card this Mother's Day!
may is asthma & allergy awareness and better sleep month:
May is Better Sleep Month. Need tips and tricks for better sleep? Learn more here...
Women's Health Week May 12-18, 2013
National Women's Health Week is a weeklong health observance coordinated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office on women's health. It brings together communities, businesses, government, health organizations, and other groups in an effort to promote women's health. The theme for 2013 is "It's Your Time."
What We Do
- Provide health and wellness information to ICSEW members and state employees
- Coordinate guest speakers and wellness activities for general membership meetings
- Provide legislative/policy recommendations to ICSEW regarding women's health issues
- Monitor legislation that may affect health of state-employed women
- Coordinate the Health Fair for state employees
- Breast Feeding Resources
- Disease Prevention - Flu vaccine is available statewide
- Health Calendar
- Increase Healthy Aspects of Your Life
- Keep the Beat - Heart Healthy Recipes
- MyPlate for Kids
- PEBB (Public Employees Benefits Board)
- Washington Wellness
- What are my Health Risks?
The DOH Tobacco Quitline (1-800-QUIT-NOW) is once again available to the uninsured and underinsured in Washington. Anyone who lives in our state is now eligible for a at least one call to the quit line.
For additional information please visit our Tobacco Quitline Services webpage
Community Sponsored Agriculture (CSA) Information:
Fitness Programs in Washington:
Nutrition and Food Safety:
- Barbecue and Picnic Food Safety
- Calorie Calculator
- Eat Right
- Eat Right - Nutritionist Tip Sheets
- Eating Well
- Food Recalls and Safety Alerts in Washington
- Life Stages: Nutrition
- Nutrition Data
- What the Sticker on Your Produce Actually Means
- Meditation: A Simple, Fast Way to Reduce Stress
- Stress-Lifestyle Changes
- Stress Management
- Stress Reduction Techniques