Health and Wellness
To expand knowledge of health and wellness with an emphasis on holistic health and promoting healthy behaviors. We cover topics focusing on meeting our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs to maintain balance through the journey of our lives.
What We Do
- Provide health and wellness information to ICSEW members and state employees
- Coordinate guest speakers and wellness activities for general membership meetings
- Provide legislative/policy recommendations to ICSEW regarding women's health issues
- Monitor legislation that may affect health of state-employed women
- Coordinate the Health Fair for state employees
Tracy Thornburg, Office of the Insurance Commissioner
Ann Bartholomew, Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
Debbie Bostwick, Military Department
Christa Stevens, Department of Agriculture
Bianca Stoner, Office of the Insurance Commissioner
Blessing Guillermo, Military Department
Kelly Kane, Department of Labor and Industries
Mary Bilderback, Department for the Services for the Blind
Annual Health and Wellness Fair - 2015
- It's that time of year again! This year's theme is "Health is the New Wealth." Come join us for the spectacular 2015 Health and Wellness Fair on Friday, May 29th; at Labor and Industries, 7273 Linderson Way SW, Tumwater, Washington; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Come one, come all!
- See the Governor's Proclamation for National Women's Health week and the Health and Wellness newsletter.
April is Mental Health Month
- At some point in their lifetime, roughly 20 percent of Americans will experience a mental health issue. The website MentalHealth.gov has an overview of myths and facts regarding mental health.
- Sticking to a health food plan can help you maintain optimum mental health. Try this recipe for salmon patties.
- Breast Feeding Resources
- Disease Prevention - Flu vaccine is available statewide
- Health Calendar - 2015 (PDF)
- MyPlate for Kids
- PEBB (Public Employees Benefits Board)
- Washington Wellness
- What are my Health Risks?
- Cubicle Yoga
Executive Order 13-06 (PDF). Improving the health and productivity of State Employees and access to healthy foods in State facilities
Signed by Governor Jay Inslee on October 30, 3013. Visit the Washington Wellness page of the HCA site (http://www.hca.wa.gov/pebb/wellness/Pages/index.aspx) to read more.
Washington Apple Health Program for Adults and Children
- The DOH Tobacco Quitline (1-800-QUIT-NOW) is once again available to the uninsured and underinsured in Washington. Anyone who lives in our state is now eligible for a at least one call to the quit line. For additional information please visit our Tobacco Quitline Services webpage
Fitness Programs in Washington:
Nutrition and Food Safety:
- Barbecue and Picnic Food Safety
- Food Recalls and Safety Alerts in Washington
- Life Stages: Nutrition
- What the Sticker on Your Produce Actually Means